Now I propose a challenge… This week, plan a date for yourself. Whether you have to set a reminder, add it to your calendar, or stick a note on your mirror, make it happen. It’s time you get to know you better.
Top 8 Ideas for a Date- with yourself:
1. Go to dinner and a movie. Solo.
2. Cooking for one. Find a recipe you’ve always wanted to try. Put on some music, pour yourself a glass of wine, and get cooking! Added bonus: leftovers for lunch.
3. Have a night in. Give yourself a mani/pedi, watch a cheesy romcom, read a book, or relish in an early bedtime.
4. Get outside. Lace up your shoes and head out for a run, walk, or hike. Take a deep breath of fresh air and enjoy the scenery.
5. Try something new. Go to that yoga studio that just opened on your block or sign up for a spinning class. I’m signing up for a standup paddle yoga class this summer.
6. Take a nap. Turn off your phone, close the blinds, and allow yourself a 30 minute power snooze.
7. Learn. Whether it’s how to knit, bead a necklace, speak French, or food photography (yes, that is on my to-do list), spend some time teaching yourself a new skill.
8. Take a road trip. What place have you always wanted to see? Whether it is 15 minutes or 15 hours away, make a playlist, grab some snacks, and hit the road.
I hope this weekend you have the opportunity to treat yourself to some “me” time. What else would you add to this list?